Lungomare is a 9 km long coastal promenade that connects places on the Opatija Riviera - Volosko, Opatija, Ičići, Ika and Lovran.
The promenade began to be renovated in 1885 and coincided with the opening of the first hotels in Opatija (Grand Hotel Kvarner, 1884 and Hotel Imperial, 1885). It was completed in 1889 when Opatija was declared a climatic health resort, and merged with Lovran in 1911 at the time of the greatest expansion of tourism on the Riviera.
Along the route of the promenade, memorials were erected to famous people who stayed in Opatija: writer Henrik Sienkiewicz (above the port of Opatija), doctor Theodor Billroth (on the wall of St. James Church), General Jozef Pilsudski (in the park in front of the Art Pavilion "Juraj Šporej").
In one part, the Lungomare promenade passes through the famous central Opatija park.